Sunday, August 15, 2010

Trunk Show Success

So I've been having pretty much 3-4 trunk shows per month and I have to say that my hostesses are doing everything right. Your Stella & Dot trunk show does not have to be huge to be successful - huge is nice but is not necessary. A small intimate group of 8-10 friends can make for a great time for all.

Last night's trunk show had 9 ladies, most of them moms within the same school, so they knew each other well, and each of them was having tons of fun trying on jewelry, both on themselves and each other. They eagerly acted as models and I of course picked out pieces and demonstratead how to wear them (we have several pieces that are very versatile in how they can be worn).

My hostess did the food and drink perfectly: wine & waters, cheese, hummus & crackers. It was kept in the same room as the jewelry, at a hutch near the dining table where the jewels were displayed.

Everyone placed orders, and I also raffled off a pair of earrings. One guest was so excited about all of it that she not only placed a nice order, she booked a trunk show with me for next month. One other guest is also going to book and will confirm a date with me when I call to follow up with her about her order (which is what I do with everyone-I follow up in about 4-5 days after the trunk show to see if they have their order and how satisfied they are with it.

At the end of the two hours, I packed up everything, gave my hostess the 411 on how much free jewelry of her choosing that she earned (nearly $200 which is based on the sales of the trunk show), and let her know that this total may grow if some outside orders get placed on her show, from those that could not attend. She was thrilled with this, and we were both satisfied with how well the evening went, with this nice intimate group of elementary school moms.

No comments: